Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Diary Cover. Goals, I.Production, Review And Final Result

Thursday March 1
Today i plan to gather up ideas for the student diary cover for 2008. Also, i hope to have all my sketches finished by the end of this lesson.
Throughout this week and next i will bring my digital camera so i can take photos that will be useful to my assessment task.


Image Production



Review

I was not greatly satisfied with my end result of the diary cover. There were a few flaws and it didn’t end up looking professional in the way I would have liked it to.
I guess since this is the first task we completed in class, I didn’t really have much knowledge of presentation of the assignments. This is something I would change or put more effort into in the future.

The photos of the school were a mix of ones taken from my camera and the school camera and it was obvious in the finished product. The two variants had different quality, exposure time, shutter speed, etc, and this resulted in two very different looking photos. I don’t know why I ended up using that combination. I thought in the beginning the contrast would look good but it didn’t.

This task was good for me because I learned new skills such as masking, cropping and resizing images, and colouring objects differently.

If I was to do this task again I would re-think the background a little bit more. It was reasonably plain and uninteresting.



Final Result


No comments: